April 14, 2016

Same Life, New Story: Naomi



Same Life New Story (SLNS) by Jan Sillvious is a 10 week Bible Study for women the ladies at Birchwood Baptist are currently reading. A dear friend kindly bought the book for me so I could read and study/journal along with them. So far I love this book and the journaling that goes with it, and I am glad to share it here as well! I hope you enjoy!!

Naomi

I know the time has come in my life for me to leave my old story behind and begin a new one because...

The Lord got my attention with a quickness and shook me to my core. On November 23, 2015 I was diagnosed with stage IV colorectal cancer. When I heard the words and really let them sink in, my mind went numb for a few moments. Just like everyone else I did not want to believe it. However, I knew I was going to have to be strong and positive, not just for me but my family too.

So, I quickly adopted the phrase and mental-knowing that God goes before me. He knew this was going to take place in my life and He does not give us more than we can handle. He gave me a strong will for a reason, and this just happens to be one of them.

Unlike Naomi, who turned bitter and angry with God; I have let this chapter become one of great joy in Him. I know He is working in me. He is reaching others through this and I have learned to enjoy and appreciate every moment of life!!

Do not be afraid or discouraged for he Lord will personally go ahead of you. He will be with you; He will neither fail nor abandon you. Deut. 31:8




No comments:

Post a Comment