April 14, 2016

Same Life, New Story: Leah

Leah

I would like to change the theme of my life because...

I want people to see a true change in me. I also do not want to feel like I am trying to ride both sides of the fence either. You see, before I decided to fully give up control of my life, (and I struggle still for Him to have control daily)... I was living two different ways. I would spend the week making plans to see a band in a bar on Friday or Saturday and then get up and go to church on Sunday. I lived this way for two years. Finally, I woke up one day and knew I had a choice to make. I had to live one way or the other. I chose to quit going to bars, and to start reading the Bible. I also became active in church. I had wanted this for a long time, but would not allow myself to let go. I still wanted to do what I thought was fun and enjoyable. I soon found out the fun and joy of those late nights were not memories that would be worth talking about for years to come. They were just fun for that time.

When I began to let God have control I started to notice a change in myself and my relationships with others. I have become a much happier person. I have experienced things over the last year that are memories worth talking about. I have made many a new friend through church, and love that we can talk about Jesus and what He has done in our lives.

Having Jesus in my life has made this cancer journey a more joyous time in my life. i know it would be totally different without Him! It would be a dark and lonely road.

It is my hope that my light for Christ shines bright and He can be seen through me. I want His joy to be the theme of my life. In a way, I guess you could say joy has been the theme of my life since this journey began. I've even said, I am one of the happiest people I know with cancer, and I intend to stay that way to the best of my ability throughout this journey!

Do not grieve, for the joy of the Lord is your strength. Nehemiah 8:10

No comments:

Post a Comment