February 12, 2016

Good News & New Wheels


Last week, I wrote about having to have a CT this week (Wed). I had been anxious about said scan for a few weeks. Waking up some mornings crying, wondering if everything was really working, if everything was really as good as it seemed to be. Feeling in essence, like my life was on a timeline. Battling loneliness that no one can fill but that special someone.

Well, I am happy to write that I have good news this week. I had trouble the morning of the scan, my port would not give a blood return so finally I just let them stick me with an IV to run the contrast dye. That was not pleasant either. I had to be stuck 3 times, it was very frustrating, but as always I was the cooperative patient and didn't go off on them even though in my mind I really wanted to! Dad and I went to Denny's afterward for breakfast because I was starving. I couldn't have anything to eat or drink that morning. That afternoon, I was sitting at my desk and the phone rang.. it was TN Oncology. I started not to answer cause it was odd to get a call from them in the early afternoon. I picked up the phone and said, "Hello..." ..."Yes, Crystal this is __________ from TN Oncology I have the results of your CT scan." "Okay..." "You're responding nicely, I will discuss with you further when you come in." I hang up and have a well deserved sigh of relief.

Thursday was also a big day. I got to pick up my new wheels that I fought so hard for. It took 2 regular appeals and one emergency appeal to get it approved. I remember getting a phone call a few weeks ago telling me it had been approved. I cried like a baby. I have wanted a sports chair for a very long time and all my hard work paid off to get it.




The two gentlemen in this photo are Thomas Henley, and Greg Monk. They have been a blessing to my family for the last 29-30 years, helping us in any way they can. I am proud to say I was one of their very first clients.. and remember my very first chair I received from them. It was red just like my old one. I have to say though, by far this new chair is my favorite. It is going to take some getting use to, but nothing I can't master. I mean, if cancer can't even bring me down how can some new wheels? Ha!

Seriously, if you need assistance getting your child/loved one a wheelchair, walker, stander, etc. and have Medicaid go see these guys. They are amazing and truly care about the people they serve. They are not just guys trying to sell you something to make a profit. They genuinely want to get to know their clients on a first name basis and learn all they can about each individuals needs. If you meet them, you'll become fast friends, and before you know it they will be like family!

No comments:

Post a Comment