November 9, 2016

I Owe It ALL to Him...

Photo Credit: FirstCovers.com
In my last post I wrote about having to have a scan rather early, however I did not post what the results were..

Let me just begin by saying, I truly owe it ALL to GOD, My Father, My Savior!! He is working in my favor on this journey, well I should not say working in my favor. He is answering prayers, and has again and again throughout this journey. If you have followed since the beginning then you know that I was told in the beginning that my treatment would be on going and I would not be cured, the cancer would be maintained. My best hope was, no evidence of disease. I myself, was very unsure about this, even as much as I have trusted in Him the cancer journey can sometimes be a bundle of nerves. I was particularly apprehensive about this scan because:

  1. It was scheduled earlier than normal. They are usually about 3-4 months apart.
  2. I have been having a lot of pain in the same general area for months and they didn't know where it was coming from.
  3. I was worried the cancer had grown and/or spread.
Well, we went in on the 19th of October for treatment and results....

Ya'll, I could not believe my ears when the doctor left the room!!! The liver tumor is now barely visible if even at all on the scan, they only had to remark on it because it was on the scan I had in August. So, that means all that can be seen on the scan cancer wise is the pelvic lymphnode and it remains stable at this time. He also said, "There was no new evidence of cancer growth." I cannot even begin to tell you how happy I was/am to hear these words, because they are words I wasn't sure I would hear. I am relieved and I am thankful that I serve a mighty God who seen fit for me to be blessed once again on this journey with good news. I am so thankful for that. I am thankful for my life, more now than I ever have been. It truly is a precious gift from Him and we need to thank Him for it everyday.

I am so glad that I can look forward to this holiday season without fear and gloom hanging over my head. I can celebrate my life during this season and I am beyond grateful for that.

I did ask one of my nurses if I would be considered to be in what is called partial remission and her thoughts were yes, but that I would still have to take my treatment on a regular schedule like I have been. I would not be able to have a break of months with no chemo. My chemo is a lot like Round Up. It keeps the cancer away just like Round Up keeps weeds away! 

According to the National Cancer Institute (NCI), partial remission is defined as a decrease in the size of a tumor, or in the extent of cancer in the body, in response to treatment. Also called a partial response.

THANK YOU JESUS FOR THIS BLESSING UPON MY LIFE AND FAMILY. I COULD NOT HAVE MADE IT THIS FAR WITHOUT YOUR LOVE AND MERCY UPON MY LIFE! THANK YOU FATHER FOR THE STRENGTH YOU GIVE ME TO MAKE IT THROUGH EACH AND EVERY DAY, EVEN WHEN SOME ARE NOT THAT GREAT. EVEN ON THE DAYS THAT I HAVE TO HAVE A GOOD CRY JUST TO PROCESS SOME EMOTIONS AND THOUGHTS. YOU'RE ALWAYS THERE TO PICK ME BACK UP AND SEND WARM, COMFORTING THOUGHTS MY WAY.

Love & Hugs,
Crystal

2 comments:

  1. Hello Crystal! My name is Adora and I have been following your progress for a while. I was so happy to hear this update and have been wishing to hear how you are since...God is so good and performs miracles all the time. I hope that you are doing well and happy. Please keep us updated and I wish you more strength, love, laughter and continued blessings!!! <3<3<3

    ReplyDelete
  2. p.s. you are a real inspiration!

    ReplyDelete