October 26, 2016

Short, but Sweet...

I know it has been quite sometime since I have written in here. For that I greatly apologize to those who read my blog faithfully, I appreciate you. I have just been really busy this last month with appointments, and just living life that I have not stopped long enough to sit down and let everyone in cyberspace know what has been going on.

Health: As you all know upon last scan the doctor said that we would not have to do any additional therapies to the liver tumor as it was too small. This was 2 months ago. I had to have another scan in mid October because he wanted to try and find out for sure where the pain I have been having was coming from, so we had our next CT a little early than normal.

I came in for the scan on the 17th, just after returning from a weekend away in the mountains with family to see the Biltmore. I really enjoyed our time there and everything we were able to see and do. As soon as I get the pictures on the tablet, I will make a picture post with a few of the pictures  I took on the trip. I took several and do not want to ruin it for those who have not been and may go one day.

So, the scan when fine. They were able to get the blood return from the port they needed.

Wednesday I go in for results and treatment (the 20th). The doctor apologizes for not calling me the night before w/the results as he typically does. I assured him it was fine. Now to the news. The liver tumor is unremarkable on the scan (which means it cannot be seen)... and the pelvic tumor is still the same. And we continued on with round 20.

It is hard to believe how far I have come in just a year. In just a few short weeks I will be having my cancerversary, but I will celebrate this day because I am still here.  When I was first diagnosed with the cancer none of us knew what to expect or where to turn. I just knew that to get through this I was going to have to do some heavy duty trusting in God Almighty, because he was the only way I was going to make it through this. And boy, did He have a plan for this year ya'll. I really and truly expected that even though I was going to grab this by the horns and do what I had to; that I would still look and be somewhat like your typical cancer patient.

Bald head
Loss of weight
Constantly sick
No appetite... etc..

While I did experience a little nausea it was very mild compared to others going through this.

Ya'll, I am blessed to stilll look like me and act like me. My hair may be buzzed but I am still Crystal.

Am I the same person I was a year ago? Not at all. I wouldn't expect to be. I have changed a lot. I am a lot more outspoken about what I think and how I feel. I am still learning to be mindful of others in my situation or similar. I live everyday to the fullest and the best of my ability and also try to remember to start my days in study with Jesus. <3

That's all for now folks! Gotta get some zzZZzzz's...

Love and Hugs
Crystal

No comments:

Post a Comment