December 16, 2014

Holidays Are Here!

Hello fellow Bloggers!

I took a month and a half hiatus while my computer was being repaired. I have it back and I am ready to write for all you lovely readers! :)

Today I am writing about... you guessed it the holidays and the things my family has made tradition through the years. I am excited about writing this post because it is part of a link up party, of which this is my first!


This album is my favorite Christmas album. It is not Christmas time until I hear Gene Autry sing Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer. My mom has this album on vinyl. When I was growing up we listened to the record every year. When it begins Gene asks you to pull up a chair and listen. I always sat right by the record player and listened to the whole album. Just last night (Monday 12-15) I was able to add the album to my Spotify music collection, now I can listen to it anytime I wish!


When my sister and i were little Mom and Dad would drive us around on the old back roads and through a subdivision or two to look at the houses decorated with Christmas lights. We also listened to silly Christmas songs as we drove along. It was always lots of fun! :)


Now that my sister and I are grown we have started the tradition of getting new Christmas PJ's every year and just hanging out with the family. I know, most kids get PJ's on Christmas Eve to wear on Christmas morning. Well, I will let you in on a secret... We always opened our presents on Christmas Eve! Now that gifts are not of great importance to us and we do not have to be 2 or 3 places in a night to see this part of the family or that one we spend the night at home with our parents and bake Christmas goodies while listening to Christmas music and just having a good time with one another. Of course, there are still gifts under the tree for my 7 year old niece, but she also enjoys the PJ's and baking. She is quite the crafty kid!

What are some of your families favorite holiday traditions?

No comments:

Post a Comment