March 3, 2011

Family

I have been meaning to write this blog for quite sometime. I've sat and thought about it several times, what I wanted to say and  how I wanted to say it. I've come to the conclusion that there is no certain way it needs to be said.

Family. How important are they to you? How often do you visit or talk to them? Do you keep in touch with relatives on Facebook or through e-mail that do not live nearby? That is one thing I love about social networking. It allows us to keep in touch with those we don't see often and we're able to let them know we love them often.

This year my mom asked my sister and I if we would like to have dinner once a week at her house. We both agreed and I am glad we did. It is so nice to sit around the dinner table, be a family, and enjoy good food and many laughs. This is something you don't see often anymore. People are too busy living life in the fast lane and good times like this just pass them by. It's so sad to think that the world is like that now. Family doesn't mean what it use to for most, but for me it always will!

I encourage you to make time to spend with your loved ones as often as you can. Its precious time that we cannot get back. Have dinner, go bowling, have a game night, or even a movie night! Just make an effort to spend time with them. I'm glad I have! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment