January 2, 2012

2012


It's a new year. 2012. What does that mean for me? It means a new beginning. A clean slate. I am not one for making resolutions because I do not keep them; but there are a few things I would like to do this year if I am able.

  • Attend a concert, it's been several years.
  • Go back to South Carolina. :)
  • Travel to Texas or Louisiana to see some of Michael's family.
  • Keep in better touch with family members not close by; both mine and Michael's.
Those are just the things I can think of right off the top of my head. I am sure more will come along as the year progresses.

My 2012 has started off great. I was able to be with my bestie this year to bring in the new year, as well as another good friend of mine and Michael's. I have a feeling that it is going to be a great year for all of us.

As for the whole 12/21/12 thing: I will admit that it use to freak me out. It took me a long time to get over that. I still don't like to talk about it too much; but I am comfortable.  Just like in '00 when the computers were suppose to blow up; that didn't happen. People have tried to predict the end of the world since before I was born! They haven't hit it yet so I don't think 12/21/12 will be the end of time unless God wills it so. Only He knows when it will end.

I am blessed that I can rest in this:
"No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in Heaven, nor the Son, only the Father." Mark 13:32 (NIV).

What are your plans for the new year?

So what are your plans for 2012?

No comments:

Post a Comment