September 15, 2016

Off Chemo(5/9/16) ~ Meeting with Dr. Lorenzo (5/12/16)

Off Chemo

I am glad to say I have enjoyed being off treatment. I was able to thoroughly enjoy a family camping trip in the mountains. We had a lot of good fellowship. It was much needed for everyone. I honestly can't wait to do it again. We were able to spend time with some extended family on the trip as well. Dad's brother Mickey, Aunt Wilma and their grands went too. It was awesome to hang out with everyone. We of course did a little shopping while we were there. Then, on our last day; sis, Colton, and I stayed behind and we went to Gatlinburg and spent the day. We went through the Hollywood wax museum, a car museum, and ate lunch at Dick's Last Resort. It was all a lot of fun! Like I said, I can't wait to do it again. I love the mountains!

Even though I am off chemo in preparation for surgery I still have moments. I got upset and cried the other night. I had not done that in a long time. I just got overwhelmed thinking about all I have to deal with day in and day out. Medicines, counts, etc. But I have to remember God is in control, not me and there will be victory in this fight.
Meeting with Dr. Lorenzo

I am not sure how to feel about today, or even how I may go about praying about it. The news I got was not what I thought it would be. I was prepared to talk about what to expect with surgery, not that I would not be having surgery. this was a bit of a shock at first. She, [Dr. Lorenzo] explained that the biopsy was cancer, but it is only size of the tip of your finger. If she were to try to remove it, it would cause a lot of unnecessary pain and I would not be able to sit down on my bottom again, ever. that would not be good at all of course. I would be bed ridden and have to worry about bed sores which can turn serious quickly.

The good news, which I had hoped and prayed for is that I do not have to have a colostomy. I am certainly glad about that for sure. I am also glad Dr. Lorenzo made the call she did even though it has been a little overwhelming.

As it stands right now we resume chemo. I can also do clinical trials, which I am open to. I will know more about this when I go back to Dr. Tran.

I have to stay positive and know that God is still here and we will continue this fight!

No comments:

Post a Comment