April 21, 2016

Same Life, New Story: Deborah

Deborah

The biggest "I can't" in my life that I want to change to an "I can" is...

Fighting cancer. There are some days I wish I did not know. But that seems unfair to others, and I would not appreciate life the way I do. I am thankful for that because it has brought me great joy. I make the best of every day even when I do not feel good, because I can.

Each day is an opportunity, the choice is ours as to what we do with it. 

The same is true with my cancer journey. I can be sad and bahumbug about it, or I can not let it drag me down and be a light for others. I chose the latter when I found out about my cancer because I didn't want others feeling sorry for me and showing pity. I think I do fairly well at keeping a "Can do" attitude. It is very important to keep good positive company to ensure that as well. Having "I can't, I don't want to" days happen, but we must not let them take over our story.

"God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible." ~ Jan Silvious

No comments:

Post a Comment